The ASM1 Self-Amplified Easy Install Ceiling Speaker 24V by Bogen Communications is a easy to install surface-mount speaker, it can be installed in less than 3 minutes.
Installation is a simple, three-step process that does not require tools. First, four specially-designed studs pierce the ceiling tile. Second, two custom-designed wing nuts secure the speaker to the ceiling. Third, standard wire nuts make the 24V DC power and audio connections directly to the color-coded studs.
The ASM1 is lightweight, durable, and features a lowprofile contemporary design, making it versatile enough to be installed in just about any installation with standard ceiling tiles. The ASM1 is a 1-watt, self-amplified speaker with an exterior volume control for easy balancing that is easily accessible, but doesn’t attract tampering
- Installs in less than a minute
- Self-contained 1W amplifier
- High intelligibility and sensitivity
- Wide-range frequency response
- Direct and reflected sound paths create wide dispersion angle
- Lightweight and durable plastic shell with an off-white, paintable finish
- Simple, three-step installation process
- No tool(s) installation
- Color-coded mounting studs identify polarity to make the power and audio connections easier (no external wires)
- Front-mounted volume control for easy access
- Transformer-isolated, balanced audio input
- Can be installed in any drop ceiling with standard ceiling tiles
- Surface-mounting design eliminates need to cut ceiling tile, no mess installation
- Contemporary design blends/matches any decor
- O-ring seal holds speaker tight to ceiling surface, eliminating whistling and ensures smoother sound without peaks
- Textured studs easily pierce ceiling tile and secure wire nut connections
- Wide-bottom, easy-to-handle mounting wing nuts provide secure speaker mounting
- All necessary mounting hardware included
- Tile Bridge available for weight distribution (model SMTB, sold separately)
- Complies with NFPA National Code 160b and UL-2043 (Report available)
- Power Rating (max.): 1W
- Frequency Response: 125 Hz – 15 kHz
- Sensitivity (min.): 90 dBspl, 125 mV input (1W @ 1M on axis)
- Supply Voltage Range: 12 – 30V DC
- Typical Current Units: -1 CU (50 mA)
- Idle Current: 5 mA (nominal)
- Input Sensitivity: 125 mVrms
- Input Impedance: 2k ohms
- Dispersion (min.): 120°
- Controls: Volume control Cone: 4" Speaker cone Magnet
- Weight: 6 oz. Product Weight: 2 lb.
- Shipping Weight: 3 lb.
- Diameter: 9-1/2" Height: 3"
- Base Diameter (against ceiling): 8-3/4"
- Construction: ABS Plastic Flame Rating: 94-5VA
At Telcom & Data we strive for long term customer relationships, that' why we offer a 60 day 100% money back guarantee on ALL of our products. (Except Special Made-to-Order Products, including Wheelock MEDC and Explosion Proof Products)
If you are not happy with a product for any reason simply call us at 800-335-0229 and request a Return Authorization number for a full 100% credit. All returns require prior authorization, please. Returned items must be repacked in ORIGINAL packaging NO EXCEPTIONS. Telcom & Data wants to be your one stop telecommunications company. Let us know how were doing by calling 800-335-0229 and ask for extension 832.